Adoption

Adoption

Saturday, May 18, 2013

How can you miss someone you haven't met, yet?

"How can you miss someone so much that you haven't even met, yet?"  This is one of my favorite lines from the movie Facing the Giants.
I must admit to getting bogged down lately in the planning, and the fundraising, and the "what--if-ing" that is all a part of the adoption process.  I am overwhelmed at the amount of money we need to raise.  But do you know who isn't overwhelmed by it?  My Heavenly Father--you know the one who adopted me into HIS family--that Father...that Daddy who cares about orphans more than I do...which is a lot.  He reminded me tonight that it is time to be still and trust Him.  And when I did that, I literally felt an ache for our child.  I can't wait to hold him or her and kiss those sweet baby cheeks.  I can't wait to tell our child how much we have loved, begged God for, and prayed for him or her to grow up to love and serve our Jesus.  So how can you miss someone you haven't met yet?  I'll let my Heavenly Father explain it, because I can't...

Father to the fatherless, defender of widows—
    this is God, whose dwelling is holy.
God places the lonely in families;
    he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy.
But he makes the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

Psalm 68:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment