Adoption

Adoption

Monday, September 15, 2014

So this is the post, that I don't know how to write...

I've been trying to figure out how to write this post and what to write for weeks.  We have been on the waiting list to adopt for 2 years now.  Our home study has been completed for so long that it is about to expire.  We have been waiting, waiting, and waiting some more.  A couple of weeks ago, our agency let us know that the Taiwanese government is in no hurry to grant their adoption license.  Our agency has done all they can do.  They were supposed to be able to apply this fall, but now they are being told that it will likely be another year at least.  So they let their waiting families know and suggested that we may want to look into other options for adoption.  Please pray for our family as we seek the Lord for how he wants to build our family.  We still plan to adopt, but are not sure what direction to go in at this time.  We want the child God has for our family.  In addition to this, were are currently going through a stressful time as a family in other ways as well.  Please keep us in your prayers that God will guide and direct us and that we will lean into Him during this time.  I will leave you with a song that describes where I am emotionally right now.  I need to melt in His peace and be overwhelmed by that instead of my circumstances right now. 

"The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming"

No comments:

Post a Comment