Adoption

Adoption

Friday, October 2, 2009

One Down, Three to Go

Tonight, we had our first meeting with the social worker who is doing our homestudy. God is SO good. She was the sweetest lady and reminded me so much of a close family friend that I felt so at ease with her!
OK, but something funny happened and I had to share the story. For those of you who know Brian well, you know that he can be easily distracted. We met in a coffee shop with two TVs on two different channels. Plus we were sitting near the door, where he noticed everyone who walked in. This resulted in him not contributing to the conversation as much as he normally would. Halfway through the meeting, our social worker turns to me and says, "You two remind me so much of me and my husband: I love to talk (she indicated she was identifying with me) and he is layed back and loves to laugh (indicating Brian). I talk, he laughs at my jokes. We both win. It was all I could do to just smile and nod rather than explode with laughter!!! If she ONLY knew how quiet I am and how outgoing he is! She will learn through this process of getting to know us, won't she?!
We completed our first meeting. We meet with her again on Tuesday morning! Then there will only be 2 left after that! Man, this process is MOVING!!! Thank you for your prayers!

"Sarah said, 'God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.'" Genesis 21:6

No comments:

Post a Comment