Adoption

Adoption

Friday, March 26, 2010

How'd That Happen?

I did not update here yesterday, but if you are on facebook, you may know that yesterday was emotional and frustrating. After run-arounds from several government agencies, and the help of my congressman's office, we finally got the tracking number for our documents, only to find out that the US Postal Service had no record of this piece of certified mail. This sent us into a scramble because USCIS doesn't keep some of the documents. I was going to hand deliver the documents to USCIS, but wasn't given approval until it was too late to make the 2 hour drive to Metairie, LA before they closed. So, I Fedexed the documents.

That was yesterday. Today, I checked the tracking number with the US Postal Service. I'm not really sure why I did, but.....It arrived at the National Visa Center at 8:48 this morning EST!!! Now how did an item that did not exist, suddenly get delivered this morning? I have one answer that I was able to share with my congressman's office and USCIS: God answered my prayers.

Oh, and you know that Fed ex package? It contained original birth and marriage certificates that we didn't want to send, but felt we had to. Guess what, somehow, it did not leave the Fedex facility last night, even though I was there before they closed. I called and am going to pick them up today!

I say praise the LORD!!!!

Please continue to pray that the National Visa Center processes our documents in time. I don't know about you, but seeing what happened with the documents, my faith has been strengthened!

"He is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trusted in Him, and He helped me. Joy rises in my heart until I burst out in songs of praise to Him." Psalm 28:7

2 comments:

  1. I am near tears for you right now! I know that this is beyond frustrating and your mommy emotions are kicking in BIG TIME!

    Believe me, that's what part of the emotional roller coaster is - as soon as God and the legal system tell you that this baby is yours - there is an instant bonding that happens and we become mother bears... and I mean BEARs!

    People had better not get in our way or WOW we feel like we could eat their heads.... well, I believe these emotions are put there by God to help us bond and support and make it through transition without totally loosing our sanity. I am daily - some times multiple times - lifting you up in prayer!!!! (On our end, we are at another block - but our GOD is bigger and we will all look back on this one day and thank Jesus for our sweeties and know that it all worked out!!!) Love you! Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys! I hope to hear that it works out soon! I will check on Monday to make sure the National Visa Center has our stuff and is sending it to Taiwan. I will keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete